D'Agostino Momentums (Chicago)

Hi Everyone,

Anyone have these in the Chicago area?  I'm considering them for an audio mastering facility and would love to audition them.

Thank you,

-Greg
gwm418
A client of mine used it for a few weeks. I visited him once during that time. To be honest it did not convince me at all. In these price ranges you want more diversity in the middle frequencies.

I missed the connection and emotion of the music. For this kind of money there are better options.
Hi bo1972,

These are interesting comments.  I heard the Wilson Alexia's with the Momentums at AXPONA and was rather impressed. Only a proper audition with high quality recordings will decide the issue.

I'm also considering the new Boulder 2110/2160 combination.  Have you heard them yet?
I auditioned the Momentums with a Wilson Audio Sasha, MIT Oracle cables and Wadia 381.

Boulder I have auditioned at many shows in the last 5 years. I never was impressed.

Music is all about emotion. Emotion is based on diversity in the middle frequencies, diversity in volume and dynamics.

But the first and most important part is what is missing.

Even at the highend show in Munic in 2015 people didn't know what music they were playing.

Audio needs to go back to were it starts......and this is real music.

Listen to music first before you give a demo with audio.

The level of demos these days is very limited. It is based on many different parts. The way they demo will have a bad influence on audio in the future this way.

Thank you for your insightful comments.

I too have auditioned Boulder many times, and have yet to be satisfied.

At this point I may stay with Lamm Industries, which I find reproduces music with utmost truthfulness and verisimilitude to live music.