DCM Time Windows - What Next?

So after a couple decades of ownership (~1975 original build iirc) one of my beloved Time Window towers has blown a woofer. Looking for recommendations on options to consider to replace these. Don't really have a preference between new/used but likely my ears will appreciate something with a similar soundstage and tonal balance. Budget under 3k.

-jake
jakelight
I use a pair of the TW1A's. These have the improved OEM woofers with the round frames. Your's has the hexagonal frame woofers. Near impossible to find! Plus they may be glued into the baffles. I owned an early pair and used them without the black foam coverings. I sold them to buy a pair of newer TW's. Those I then sold two years later to buy a pair of Quad 57's. Now I'm back to owning a pair of TW1A's again! Still an excellent speaker that can compete with any of today's four-figure offerings! 
How did you manage to blow out a woofer? Those woofers are near indestructible! I suppose a Class D 1000 watt amp could do it! Why not just go to eBay and buy a pair of the TW1A's? They are even better than your early version! Mine are a late version - 52779 & 52780. I'm using a Sumo Andromeda with them.
I took a look on eBay. Three pairs available for $320, $500 and $629.99. In California, West Virginia and New Jersey. But none of the sellers wants to ship! I bought my pair on eBay for $219 plus free shipping several years ago! Guess I was just lucky!
Heh...hard to say exactly how the speaker ended up blown but likely from physical abuse...a couple of clues:

My OTA antenna feeds into TV, Optical audio out from TV to a Denon x4000 - for channels that don't have a fully clean OTA signal the result is sometimes a pretty healthy pop through the speakers when it glitches - I always mute the stereo and go TV speakers when the signal acts up, but perhaps that happened one too many times...
Speakers have also been thrashed on by a clowder of cats for many years:
 - the foam enclosure surround is long gone - they tore out the center dome on the now blown woofer (although it's been gone well over a year...) - Speaker plugs have been ripped out a number of times...

I originally picked these up locally (Austin area) for $300 back around 2004 and due to the current physical shape the right move here is probably to move on to something else even if it's another example of these...

I do like the idea of going with a 1a version since they were actually designed to be serviced so that is a solid option for sure
No matter what I do I will use a cover I can slip over the speakers to protect them when not in use unless I end up with a solution where I hang them from the ceiling out of reach of the ruckus.
Jake
You might considering starting your whole system from scratch...Find a budget and then consider your room size  ( big room big speakers ) your music tastes ie. vocals male and female are best served with an resolving midrange, sweet, relaxed ( when you hear a live session the performers work on relaxing their throat so the music pours out. 
For me, If I can't relax into the music, just get lost into music then I want no part of it...