Deals Gone Bad

I have noticed a large percentage of my purchases are turning into Scam sales.....A lot of them I report to e-bay to have them checked out and they still go "south".......l had one on ebay for 2900.00 and another on Audiogon for 2500.00........And the worst thing is it sometimes takes months to get your money back..........Both of these were out of the country, one in the UK and one in South Africa.............

autospec

secretguy

I absolutely will NOT deal with anyone who demands F&F.

Same here. And no exceptions.

On another audio website, I inquired from the site's official vacuum tube vendor about the purchase of some tubes. When I asked for payment info, he requested PP F&F. I declined.

The vendor then contacted the site's administrator and accused me of backing out of a deal. He also claimed harm because he'd already special ordered the tubes for me. That only confirmed my suspicions about the guy. (These were common tubes: 6H30 and 6550.)

Any vendor that seeks PP F&F can't be trusted, imo.

……ummmmm maybe stay away from international sales might be an option .Just a thought .

Big purchase I only go to TMRaudio. I have 2 purchases from Skifi cables and Red rose speakers all went well.20 yrs ago I bought my diapason adamantes from a guy in Hongkong.All good. Since then I never dealt overseas. Be extra careful nowadays so many scams going on .

I will not buy sight unseen as I have no idea what I’m getting and there are many scammers out there. I will not buy anything that has to be shipped as I have not yet found a reliable shipper, none of them care and none of them are careful. I do travel a lot and I will go several hours out of my way to pick up something that O want. To date I have not been burned in any way, items all worked well, were in good shape and the sellers were fine people. It’s working well and I won’t change, if it isn't broke why fix it?