Denon 3805, muddy voices.

Anyone else experience somewhat untintelligable male dialogue with this reciever?... unintelle.... .. hmm. did i spell that right?

anyways

Not sure if it is the reciever, i WAS using this crap-ass kenwood HTIB center channel cause i havent had a chance to upgrade it yet. Sometimes the dialogue was somewhat hard to make out. So, i switched to a PHANTOM center mode and got the dialogue out of my Jm Lab Chorus 707s, and the problem is still somewhat there, but not as bad. I have a hard time believing the JM Labs are the cause.

Anybody else experience this?
Im only 28 and shudder to think my hearing is going downhill already. LOL
slappy
My Goertz Alpha Core MI-2 speaker cable has helped some, as well as the Oppo 970 DVD player I recently purchased.

But I now am afraid the biggest problem is my aging ears. It seems younger people are able to understand the center channel quite a bit better than my wife and I.
I had trouble hearing dialog through my KEF 100C center channel with my Sherwood-Newcastle P-965 pre-pro. It seemed the dialog was drowned out by the rest of the soundtrack. I solved the problem simply by manually increasing the center channel level after the pre-pro does its auto-setup. Doesn't cost anything to try it.
I had the same experience as Javachip .
I considered it just a part of the setup procedure !
Auto setups , for me , are just a starting point .
YMMV .