Diana Krall

I was in Fort Lauderdale last Thursday and saw/heard Diana Krall.  Second time, first was in Wilkes Barre PA after Wallflower cd, this one after her recent one.  Two quite different concerts, both outstanding.  This one was "jazzy", an upright bass, a drummer, guitarist, fiddle/violinist (and a pianist/vocalist).  5 great musicians on the stage, and a wonderful singer.  She is wonderful live.  Highly recommended, as equipment reviewers often say.  Worth the price of admission.  
rpeluso
I don’t know anyone here well enough to be singling anyone out; I am not.  This is just a general observation that I started to make in an earlier post and decided it was best to not go there; it certainly doesn’t apply in all cases.  Imo, some audiophile/music lovers do not do a good enough job of separating the “ear-candy” appeal of some recordings from its intrinsic musical value when making an assessment of the recording’s or the artist’s musical merit.  DK’s recordings are generally very well recorded and in a way that appeals to the audiophile’s sensibilities.  Conversely, some artists whose recordings are generally not as “impressive” in the sonics department are sometimes bumped down a notch or two (or more) in spite of being on a considerably higher level of musicality.  

Isn’t Randy and his shop a treat, minorl?! He looks like a completely different person with his hair and beard gone---use to look like a damn hippie, now like a little old man ;-). He has a great sounding room and system, and is as nice a guy as you could know.

I bought a used ARC LS-1 from Randy way back in the early 90’s, and was at his first shop (which had a co-owner) once, when they were having their close-out sale, right around the corner on Pacific Coast Highway, an apartment with a picture window that looked out on the Santa Monica beach. His room at the Hi-Fi shows is always one of the very best sounding, and he brings lots of great music on LP with which to demo his ARC/Vandersteen system.

There are vast numbers who consume and criticize.  It's easy.

There are small numbers who create.  It's not easy.
Everybody Creates , it's human nature .
You're right about the not easy part though .
Post removed