directional cables?

My IC cables are directional, with arrows pointing the way they should be hooked-up. Q: Should they run with the arrows pointing to my cd player, or to my integrated amp? Thanks.
tbromgard
Post removed 
Jea, I'm sorry I didn't explain myself well enough as you have completely missed my point.

If you take the time to read and think about my last few posts you will see my point has nothing to do with fuses or motor plates or amp clamps or anything like that. It only has to do with the fact that "flow of alternating current" makes no literal sense. Of course there is this convention that we describe what is happening with that phrase. We also say that the sun rises in the east and moves across the sky when any educated person knows it is actually the earth that is moving.

We're stuck with it and I will continue to use it since everyone understands what we are talking about, but using the term flowing to describe something that is moving back and forth in a periodic way is only done in AC. It is a misnomer.

Yes, I know my position flies in the face of conventional wisdom and I'll be labeled a booger eating moron for bringing it up but if you dig around you will find others who find fault with the phrase. I do understand the backlash though since from the first day you were sitting in a class about AC the instructors used that phrase. That doesn't make it technically correct.

I don't know how else to explain myself. I would just ask you to give it some thought.

Now, to this matter.

Me..... The only thing that is really important here is the movement of the electromagnetic wave from source to load.

You..... And from the load back to the source. A closed circuit, current flow...

The movement of the EM wave is not current. The energy in the wave is absorbed by the load and converted into some other form of energy such as heat or light or if the load is an antenna it is radiated off into space. It does not flow back to the source.

Herman

If you take the time to read and think about my last few posts you will see my point has nothing to do with fuses or motor plates or amp clamps or anything like that. It only has to do with the fact that "flow of alternating current" makes no literal sense.

But it does.

I attempted to explain in a post yesterday, but it would seem the moderators took some issue with it and it was never posted.

If this post is allowed, perhaps I'll try to explain again.

The movement of the EM wave is not current.

No, but it is the consequence of current. The magnetic field portion of the EM wave is entirely the result of the current flowing in the wire.
Yea, I hate it when my posts get deleted for seemingly no reason. I would be happy to entertain your rebuttal but my mind is pretty much made up :>) I'm sticking with the idea that flow means something moving in one direction.

I also believe you are backward regarding the relationship of EM wave and current. I also don't accept that you can talk about the M without the E. They are intertwined and inseparable..

Since the wave can travel without current it is illogical to conclude that the wave is caused by the current the current. EM radio waves can travel down a wire but they can also travel from the transmitter to your radio no problem, no current. When that radio wave intersects your receiving antenna it sets the charges in motion, not the charges setting the wave in motion.

It appears we are at an impasse. You seem like an inquisitive sort. It would be interesting to see how you felt about all of this after you have had time to digest it all, and vice versa.