Disco...yep, I'm going there

We've all read the comments about disco music, most seem to heavily weigh on the side of "it sucks". I cannot say how many times I've read that two word remark......yet, without any explanation. One thing for sure, that era defined our consciousness and is an important part of our musical history.

Frankly, I love listening to several artists from that era ... Bee Gees, Donna Summer, KC & The Sunshine Band...………..

I really can't understand how anyone can listen to these artists and not be moved to get up and dance. That IS an emotional connection. The exact connection most of us long for. So, what's the problem?
128x128slaw
Glupson.

I did consider offering up that song on that thread but decided it was just a little trite and obvious for that.

Besides my memories of it from EVERY darn disco I ever attended do not need to be contaminated with thoughts of death!

Trust me the floor could have been near empty but as soon as the first strains of Spirit wafted over the PA it was a heaving mass of bodies!

And that is the memory I prefer to keep.
And some after disco ones but that's for another forum entirely.....
Spirit in the Sky was disco? Uberwaltz was a big disco guy? 🕺🏻 The mind reels. it’s an excellent ringtone, I’ll say that for it.
GK
No idea about the USA but yes in England Spirit in the Sky was the BIGGEST disco play, twice a night at least in any disco anywhere.

And I already explained my reasons for attending discos......

😁😁😁😁