Do speaker cables need a burn in period?

I have heard some say that speaker cables do need a 'burn in', and some say that its totally BS.
What say you?

128x128gawdbless
koan2
... please provide some fact-based explanation as to why speaker cables may require breaking in. I will keep an open mind ... until any plausible explanation is presented, I've got to call BS.
It doesn't sound like your mind is very open.

If this matter interests you, why not conduct your own listening tests?
It would be a good way to do it, but around here it would be even more flammable. It could happen that, once he conducts his own test and reports results that are not in line with what was expected by others, he gets called different names and his results get dismissed as crap. That happens here. It is just a no-win situation.
I hate to judge too hastily but it appears glubson has completely psyched himself out. Oh, the humanity!

geoffkait,

No worries, I still do good things for humanity. It is just that I tried doing a few small experiments here. Like changing direction of wires or removing the cover from an amplifier. Responses, yours included, revealed more about responders than expected. Unless one strives to uncover different personality traits/flaws of others, I would not recommend posting own results of some experiments in these threads. They do not contribute to discussion about whatever is discussed.

Interesting ancedote tarras22 or is it Steve Stone? At any rate the best thing about that test is it points out what  the objectivist admits we all have biases and can be as dogmatic as anyone else which is why the objectivist argues for  blind testing and replicability. In the case of this thread I freely admit I would probably not be a good test subject on whether a lenght of wire used for x number of hours sounds better or different than a new lenght of wire. The notion to me is preposterous.