Do true audiophiles own Mcintosh gear

It seems like all the high-end dealers I have bought from or talked to think that Mcintosh is living on it's past reputation. The 2 stores that carry it locally are more mid-fi stores than high-end. I have a friend that swears by it but he hasn't listened to his Mcintosh in over 2 years. What do you think?
taters
I listened to a pair of speakers in Akron,Ohio(quite tall and many drivers) but I don't remember the model number and thought they sounded nice but did not seem to compare to some other makers I have heard like Merlin, Dunlavy, and Thiel.
I have always felt that manufacturers of electronics who do a excellent job and then try their hand into the world of speaker manufacturing seem to fall a little short when compared to a company who only makes speakers.
Does anyone seem to feel this way or am I off target?
Depends on who brainwashed that "true audiophile". Some do some don't. Hi-end dealer is clear example of true audiophile, because brainwash is his direct responsibility to sell product he wants to sell. Everyone knows McIntosh being a sign of wealth and everyone wants it. Once they go to hi-end store, the dealer who don't have McIntosh will do McBrainWash. One brainwashed dood passing same bs onto the next just like chain reaction.
Taters - Since you have managed to repeatedly bash McIntosh gear on multiple threads, please enlighten the rest of us and suggest gear that you think is "good" since you obviously feel that McIntosh is "no good".
I think Mc intosh is fine gear. I even own a mint Mr-78 tuner though I never really use it. I just think their turntable looks ridiculous. Meters on a TT. Please.