Does a new cd transport require break-in time?

I just ordered a new Cambridge CXC transport to go along with  Gungy DAC.
Does it require any break-in time?
128x128rvpiano
willemj
Glad you are not in charge of quality control for critical components. You had better stay with your innocous magical boxes.

Huh? Nobody in the high end who has any credibility uses blind testing. Except maybe to attract people that actually believe such fairly tales. Good comeback, though (cough, cough). I actually have been in charge of quality control for critical components so I think I should know. I’m talking about critical to the military and air traffic, you know, where they have *standards* for testing, not some fluffy audiophile component. 🐩
@geoffkait

Quote directly from Oppo website:

""Break in" is a process of accelerated aging for mechanical, electronic, and acoustic components. By exercising the components for a period of time, early component failures can be weeded out and parts can settle down to their final working mode. With advances in manufacturing processes and quality control, break in is no longer universally prescribed. Many manufacturers, including OPPO Digital, recommend that customers use the products normally and maintain that the products will achieve optimal performance either out of the box or after a very short period of use."

Do you just make up whatever nonsense that helps to support your sales agenda? (Obviously most of your Machina stuff does absolutely nothing so of course you don't support blind tests that might expose this)

Shadorne, obviously you’re following the wrong sheep. Do you actually believe that Oppo statement? Give me a break. Boy are you gullible! When I bought my Oppo 102 4 years ago they claimed 200 hours. Claiming no break in at all seems dubious at best. New manufacturing processes? Are they cryo’ing their stuff? Are the Chinese suddenly ahead of us in the materials science race? Oh, please! If anything the break in times for capacitors is higher than ever, for the good ones anyway. How does 500 hours grab you? And if you'd been paying attention to all the aftermarket fuse threads you would know fuses THEMSELVES take 200 hours to break in. Helloo! Obviously Oppo is testing out some new bizarre marketing ploy aimed at naive gullible audiophiles who are AFRAID of break in and directionality and things of that nature. 😱 That’s akin to some cable company and fuse companies stating they do not believe there is such a thing as directionality. Of course, you guys swallow it up, pile it up higher, higher. 😀