Dunlavy SC IV or Merlin VSM M

looking to buy a pair of used higher end speakers. Does anyone have an opinion on which one of these is better? Both are available in my local used market. Thanks for your input.
aperez1958
Totally agree with Rrog. Disagree with Brauser that Merlin's are plug and play. Good sound can be gained with lack of attention to details but the Merlins are not what I would call "easy going", attention to detail and solid choices is mandatory to achieve GREAT sound as is the case with ALL very high resolution speakers. They would be a better choice for most listening rooms but I would consider the Dunlavys in a large room, your room should work well with either so then it comes down to which you prefer, no one can tell you that. Your gear seems satisfactory with both but I would check with Bobby P to find out what HE thinks. He is VERY attentive to owners of his speakers and will guide you, I'd give him a call.
a, the room size is pretty much ideal for the merlin vsm.
cables to be used?

you may want to give me a call or send me an e-mail about this.
585 367 2390 or bobby@merlinmusic.com.
bobby
I can't say which you'll prefer, but I will agree with Bobby. I've used VSMs in a space virtually identical to the one you've described and they have never sounded better.

Marty
How can anyone be so sure about the OP's room? You have no idea of how the system will be oriented. Is he setting up on the long wall or short wall?