dynaudio c1 upgrade?

I'm considering upgrading dynaudio 1.3se to dynaudio c1 speakers. I'm using a krell 400xi amp and a rega saturn cdp which I plan to keep in place. I haven't heard the c1's. What and how much improvement can I expect with the c1's? Has anyone used similar equipment?

Thanks for any input.
cwinfrey
Check out the Dynaudio owners forum on the AVS website. I am a member of that forum and there are quite a few C1 owners in the forum.

I also own the 1.3 SEs and they are also powered by the Krell KAV 300il (same as 400xi). It has always been a fantastic combo. I think the C1 will be a substantial improvement but at quite a bit more cost. Still the 1.3 SE is one of the best monitors that I have ever heard south of $5000.00 The Krell seems to nearly a match made in heaven for the Dyns exhibiting excellent detail, clarity and control.

Best of wishes.
1.3SE is a great, great speaker and that I owned for several years. The C1 is in the same vein, voicing-wise---but much more detail, bass, and resolution. its a significant upgrade imo.
I have a Krell KAV-2250 amp and a Krell 280p preamp driving my set of C1's and it sounds fantastic...silver cables are highly recommended to add even more speed, the C1's are so dark they will not sound bright.

Try the Focus 140's before you splurge on the C1's...see what you think then

-Fil