Emotiva separates or Yamaha AVR recommendation?

I’m looking to assemble a really basic 3.0 system where sound quality is my main concern vs. features. I’d like to bi-amp the L&R speakers. System will be in our nice townhome’s living room so we don’t want a full array of speakers.

Would I do better purchasing Emotiva’s Pre/pro w/ 5 channel amp or a Yamaha Aventage AVR. Yamaha is feature heavy and I won’t take advantage of much of the connectivity. Emotiva (or Outlaw) is more rudimentary which I like. I’m looking at about 100 wpc. Source is BD player, over-the-air HDTV, and occasional Apps on smart TV.
Which is a better choice?

(I have Monitor Audio Silver S-6 floor and Vienna Acoustics Theatro center speakers for use.)

So what do you say?
128x128mjcmt
I don't think much matters until you have the same LCR speakers. You might get better sound with just L&R with phantom center. Mismatches ruin the soundstage.

Very true.

I'm aware about the importance of similar LCR speakers but when I had a system years ago I liked the improved dialogue clarity and positioning w/ a high quality center even if it didn't match. I don't plan on changing speaker at present and plan to use what I have.

I should mention that I will use my current 2 channel tube system w/ TT somewhere else and I'm looking for convenience and improved dialogue for TV sports and other TV programing, plus the occasional movie.

Auxinput, I didn't have the MA speaker back then but still thought bi-amping was a plus w/ an AVRs extra amps for L&R highs.
A word about bi-amping from receivers.  In my experience, not every receiver will "bi-amp" in the same way.  Some receivers will output the same signal on both bi-amp outputs.  However, some other receivers will do a weird signal comparison. They will output full signal on the lower normal right/left.  It will then take the actual used signal from the speaker wire and run it through an op amp comparator circuit to remove those "used" frequencies from the main signal and then send the difference to the "hi bi-amp" output.  In this case, you lose massive resolution and sound quality. 

In the end, I'm never a fan of bi-amping because the amp will generally use a shared power supply anyways.  There are other considerations to keep in mind, such as the weird comparator circuits or having to use a Y-splitter cable which can affect signal quality due to input impedance of your amp.  You are better off just getting a really good high quality amp and run the channels full-range.  You can always use bi-wire speaker wire if the awg is large enough.  That is usually a benefit.