Emotiva XPA - 1 mono blocks.

So before all the audiophiles burn me at the stake please here me out! I pulled the trigger on a set of these mono's due to a couple of factors.

1. While I throughly enjoyed hoppy as much as the next person. I do have a wife and childeren so my budget restricts me from buying $5k plus amps.

2. I had $2k to spend on amplification up grade. Everything I found by the big names for 2k was 15 to 20 yrs. old and i was scared to pick up someting that would be an expensive repair/update within a year of buying due to the age of the unit.

So my question is arethere any real world experiance with the XPA 1's out there that can give an unbiased/fair review of the amps? Again I don't expectthem to compete with mcintosh or krell amps at their price point. But I would expect them to compete with say Rotel/parasound units that are in the same price range.
2channeljunkie
Emotiva is very good value for the $$$. The components are manufactured in China to keep the costs down. I have never heard their amps, but I did own one of their dac's for a year and enjoyed it very much. My only gripe is they put too much money into the fancy blue lights and looks where they could have spent it on better internal parts.

I would put Emotiva in the same category as Adcom which isn't a bad thing at all. I am sure the amps will sound wonderful, and don't worry about what the haters will say. You will probably get 90% of good high end sound for your cash outlay.
Junkie, go to the member's system page here on Audiogon and search 'XPA'. You will find a few members of Audiogon that have the amps. I'm sure they will share their experiences with you.