EMT 927 vs. Micro Seiki 5000 or 8000 - different?

Did any one test those machines in the same set up? What was the outcome? Idler-Drive in its best built quality vs. the well rated heavy belts from Japan.
thuchan
No one claims that Syntax,
but I feel it is not fair to delude our self that a scarce, expensive to buy, expensive to maintain, expensive to repair & so much restricted to arm/cart choises gigantic TT,
is the end and all of our troubles in choosing our source.
It can solve most of them concerning the sound, but may create some serious others, in the shadow of them, we can not enjoy the music any more.
I hope to get you right meaning the Lenco that equals the VW.
The EMT 927 is definitely the Bugatti or Hispano Suiza of the most marvelous & monumental TT of all times.
I am always fascinated from technical solutions and an idler drive is THE best (by far) way to transform any vibration and smearing from motor to the bearing and platter. These distortions are called Rhythm (well, the" Subway below Kingsway Hall" in every record), the loss of High frequency information is a result in better Bass (like a compressed MP3 file to the midrange). Most record stations replaced those units as fast as possible. Personally I think, the audiophile world waited for them. Here is a version with an updated motor.
PRAT counts.
Syntax, you need to hear a well redefined 927 or R80 with an old Ortofon arm. As I do know your musical preferences you will change your opinion I am pretty sure.