EMT 927 vs. Micro Seiki 5000 or 8000 - different?

Did any one test those machines in the same set up? What was the outcome? Idler-Drive in its best built quality vs. the well rated heavy belts from Japan.
thuchan
Radicalsteve, I see you are also looking for the best possible solutions. Yes indeed I also went into the idler story when owning a Garrard 501 TR which is a fine piece of turntable building. In the end I was attracted only for a short time maybe because I had the chance to compare at home.
There are not many well preserved & maintained great idlers out there. Most of them, also the rebuild ones (in and without a new plinth) convince at a first glance.

The big Micros are a class of its own. I doubt that there are many new TTs which can rival the Micro Seikis. It was Japanese Machine Building at
its best. The big EMTs are a serious contender. Especially when connected with good silver cables.

best & fun only - Thuchan
Eckert-The secret with the Garrard is the base. The stock 501 was sourced from Loricraft with a very mediocre base, which robbed dynamics. In a proper Panzerholst or slate foundation, north of 70 lbs, you might have a different opinion of the 501 or even the 301 for that matter.

Since I just acquired a RX 5000, I am returning to belt drives after a two year departure from the Walker. I am eager to see how the Micro compares to my current Technics sp 10 Mk III and Garrard 301, both in Porterhouse Panzerholst bases.

Congratulations on your new speakers.

Louis
Louis - you are right, but I had a very special base, especially designed by the German branch of Loricraft. And it sounded well, yes no doubt. But I also believe that Panzerholz or slate might be more appropriate.

I just did an experiment with a Technics SP 10 MK II and a nice but not very very special wooden plinth. It is a good sounding machine, nevertheless not exactely reaching my demands. Maybe it is different with a MK III in a plinth of Albert or Dobbins. But the prices for a good combo are getting insane regarding how much this Pro-series went in earlier times. Don`t you think so?

Thanks for your compliments. I am pretty happy now having had the courage to start my loudspeaker project. The result is just overwhelming. I now have the right partners for my WAVACs. What a difference to the Wilsons.

Best & Fun Only - Thuchan
Eckert- It seems like everything in audio carries at premium if it is a little special.

In my experience with the Technics, both the Mk II and III, the biggest gains in performance were realized with the right plinth. I believe the arm board alone I am using for the Mk III is 3 pound of panzerholst, which is mounted to a brass rail system attached to an interior wood section...the devil is truly in the details.

I would think the Wavacs are loving the new speaker system. But this is a dramatic shift for you to transition from the big Wilsons to a custom horn system. Typically the two concepts are mutually exclusive. It seems that in your case, you were able to keep what you liked about the Wilsons, and add the virtues of a fine horn loaded system.