Ethernet cable question

OK, at the risk of starting a big debate, I have just a dumb question: I see a lot of post talking about Supra 8 and Wireworld ethernet cables, so are you talking about cables making a direct run from your router? I have Cat 5 run throughout my house by me when our home was built 8 years ago. Everything is finished in the home and my sound room is not real close to where I have my network router/modem. So does the ethernet cable going from the wall to my Node 2i make any difference if inside the wall is only Cat5e?
128x128jmphotography
If possible, get fiber into the house.  Biggest bang for your buck.

From everything to the switches (top of the line SOTM then Regen in series) I use wireworld cat 8. In my system this was a huge upgrade from everything else (including audioquest diamond, though other friends report just the opposite in their systems) I tried 3-4 years ago.  The yellow one works for me but some friends report better results from the more expensive wireworld ones.  

It should be mentioned that the rest of my home is connected to the switch with copper.  Removing this connection for serious listening is a great pop up. 
So last night I was listening to my system after just switching the Node 2i over to ethernet the day before (i had been using it on my 5ghz wifi prior to that because the wall plate and jack were not finished at the stereo until the day before). Something was different, I did not enjoy it as much as I had been. It sounded more closed in. I listened for a while and it sounded good, detailed, but not like as open as it did previously. I took the ethernet cable out to let it go back to wifi, and now its back to what I was enjoying. I then did a quick search on wifi vs ethernet and found the John Darko video on this topic. I am sure mine has to do with the cheap Cat 5e cable that is in the walls when I ran these cables 8 years ago when our home was being built. Its about a 40 ft run to where the system is located. Back then when I was running this I wasn't thinking about audiophile streaming. I am sure with good insulated ethernet cable it may have a different outcome, but for my setup I am going back to wifi as it definitely sounded better.
I wired my modem to my BlueSound Node 2i using CAT6.  The local dealer said that was better than CAT5.  Hope the dealer advised me correctly.
Larry, it may be for your situation. However for me it was not. It would be worth your time to A/B wifi and ethernet.