Ethernet Cables - what are you using and why?

Curious about what everyone is doing for their streaming systems in terms of Ethernet cables. I know some people who swear by expensive models, but anecdotally it seems that folks care a lot less about Ethernet than they do about interconnects, AC, or even USB cables. 

I'm a believer but at the moment run a relatively affordable model that I might be looking to upgrade. Let's hear your thoughts.

tubeguy80

I just purchased and installed the new, Shunyata Theta Ethernet cable and it is STUNNING beyond belief. I honestly didn't believe an ethernet cable would matter so much given I am already using a fiber optic network. But this one cable running from my EtherRegen A side to my Antipodes K41 server has contributed a substantial bump in SQ - a good 10% at least.  At $500 it purchase well above its weight. 

As a general rule, I tend to purchase all things high end audio to the limits of my affordability, i.e, if I can afford the upgraded $1000 ethernet cable over the lesser $650 ethernet cable, I'll buy the $1000 ethernet cable.  I currently use Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, which aren't cheap, but I preferred them over all the other cables I auditioned.  Of course, as always, system synergy is the everything.  Happy listening.               

i'm very happy with wire world platinum either net, xlr, hdmi, rca. their orange either net is pretty darn good, too.  $100.00 dollar each Q-tips help  😁

I use (3) DHLabs Reunion CAT8 ethernet cables; from the router > Electric English 8Switch > EE1 network isolator > DAC. The DHLabs is doing the job, but I haven’t compared it to the other ethernet cables.