Every day I see another turntable recommendation...

After digging into this topic, I am convinced now I need to go a bit higher on this first vinyl set up. I think all in, I am prepared at this point to go up to $5k, for the table alone, not including arm or cartridge.

But frankly, being on this forum is like drinking from an information firehose. I have learned a bunch and yet somehow, I am less convicted than before.

With that in mind, to narrow down the decision, I am want to restrict myself to things I can buy, hear and, if necessary, service locally. My local dealers stock, AMG, AVM, Basis, Clearaudio, Michell, Musichall, Pro-ject, Rega, VPI, so I am likely restricted to those brands. I am certain my view will change by the end of this thread.

saulh

@laoman @pindac Kuzna tables are wonderful! I've been using the Stabi S for a while and it's a great performer only thing is that it requires a solid, sturdy support. I've recently listened to the Stabi R which is in another league sound wise. Better focus and bass foundation to name 2 areas I hear where it betters the S. I'm saving up for this table myself. 

The Stabi R is great. However it is beyond the budget of the op. Stabi S is an excellent compromise.

"So, clearthinker, throw away your Kuzma Stabi XL DC AIR and get yourself a real turntable like a Sota, Basis, Avid or SME and enjoy listening to music without rumble. It will be an entirely new experience for you." This is such a funny comment; one can only assume the poster is attempting a new career as a comedian.

@mijostyn   I have had plenty of suspended turntables, for many years from the late 70s a Linn that I was forever having to re-tune so that the springs bounce evenly.  Then a Simon Yorke Zarathustra a massy design in which the springs were like car valve springs.  That worked better.  You may find it interesting that after that Simon stopped making suspended TTs, with the S7 that I used for a long time.  You may recall this was Michael Fremer's reference for some eight years before he moved out of my league into $six figures TTs.  I now run his S10, again solid, on which I hear no noise in an unmodulated groove.

You say vibration can pass through a heavy mass.  This is true but only for large vibrations.  Your example of an earthquake (caused by seismic movements, not by vibrations), is extreme.  Yes an earthquake may spoil your listening.  It may also bring your house down around you.

Small intensity vibrations of the type we are talking about do not pass through large masses.  To pass through such objects the soundwaves must move it = vibrate it. They cannot do that because they are not sufficiently intense = have the power.

I do not hear footfall seated as I am on a concrete slab covered with carpet.

But there is no need to create problems by having a suspended wooden floor in your listening room.

frequency our own senses can detect but not the cartridge, it feels everything. That is what it is designed to do.

So, clearthinker, throw away your Kuzma Stabi XL DC AIR and get yourself a real turntable like a Sota, Basis, Avid or SME and enjoy listening to music without rumble. It will be an entirely new experience for you.

Your example of an earthquake (caused by seismic movements, not by vibrations), is extreme.  Yes an earthquake may spoil your listening.  It may also bring your house down around you.

@rsf507 Thank You for your Input, I am sure the OP will be very pleased with the information as well, I really hope the OP has a opportunity to receive a demonstration of the Brands Models. 

As for me, I am very sure footed in such matters, and when the time is right I will be receiving a demonstration of this Companies products, hopefully with ancillaries of my choice.

@clearthinker  As a Support Structure for my TT's,  I use Mass combined with suspension.

Granite and Steel Plate is my got to material to create Mass.                                    A variety of Materials and Devices are used to create the suspension element.

What has changed today for myself is my methods used for Plinth Materials.

I was at one point a person who was happy to have a Nine and a Half Stone (60Kg) Plinth.

Today that has changed, I am a user of compressed lighter in weight materials, of which I will end up with a Plinth Produced from Densified Wood.

My Material of choice is from the Brand Delignit and the Product is Panzerholz.

I am familiar with this material and have had demonstrations of TT's using it as a Plinth.

A friend who I assisted with sourcing a supply has recently produced a Plinth for their TT and Tonearm, which is the same as my own.

The reports returned are uplifting to say the least, the descriptions used about the noticeable positive improvements are very encouraging, the impact was so encouraging the individual has now allocated a spare piece of Panzerholz as a Sub Plinth, which is a method I have been demonstrating to very good effect at recent local HiFi Group meetings. 

For the OP, and the members with a curiosity or already in possession of the Kuzma Brand. The link is an alternative view of the Kuzma Brand from a trusted source I use, who has been presented on here in the past known as Juergen.

Juergen has a vast experience and is a individual that is a pleasure to read up on their experiences, taking a little onboard of his assessments is a worthwhile undertaking.  

The review is backed up by a suggestion that the revered Turntable designer Hideki Nishikawa who is also responsible for the Tech DAS Brand had been showing an interest and curiosity in the designs used for the Kuzma Models.

That in itself is good reason to have a curiosity about what the Kuzma Brand can create within a system.

It is always best to have access to a broader range of descriptions for any devices that are of interest and can come with a need to spend a fair sum of monies.