External DAC For Oppo 105 At What Cost?

Approximately how much would you have to spend on an external DAC to significantly better the sound of the internal Dac in the Oppo 105?
128x128mitch4t
Ricevs, your response changes everything. Very informative and helpful. Thank you for the info.

mitch

Ricevs' response doesn't change anything for us. It only makes you realize how ridiculous your original question was. No, I too am having a fantastic day. It's just that..I've just read an arrogant post.
Kzhtoo & Knghifi, where do idiots like you come from that sit around and flame posters here on the 'Gon? Shouldn't you be somewhere pulling the wings off of insects or something?

Geez, if you don't like the post...keep moving.

Get a life.
Idiot? I'm not the one who asked "how much more to spend to significantly better 105 dac" and followed up with more ridiculousness. Now, someone's really having a bad day.
You might as well be OK with classic DACs out there on the market and don't need to spend much even vs. modwright upgrades. old classic ead dsp7000 for low-hundreds used may make your day and if not it's safe to sell it.

personally, i'm happy to switch from cd-player to pc-dac because i can play higher resolution digital material that sound superior to red-book cd and very close to analogue.
Interesting question but I would tend to believe that the output stage and power supply of a modded 105 would be significantly better than an separate DAC, that is unless MAYBE you were to spend a significant amount more for a separate DAC. There is no way of knowing this without listening to better DACs' than some of the ABOVE recommended. Changing out an op-amp IS NOT going to compensate for a better designed power supply and output stage IMHO. I feel quite certain, based on my experience NONE of the above mentioned would improve on a modded 105, just a hunch but I have some experience with the 95 and 5 different outboard DACs. The Modwright "truth mod" is definitely, hands down in another league.