Full Volume Issue

I have had the strangest thing happen to me twice. With my Nu-force P8 preamp in the off position while my cd player and dac are on there is no sound. If I turn on my tv then what is on the cd player comes on at full volume. The first time I turned on the tv and this happened it scared the hell out of me. The preamp didn't have any power to it. How is this happening?
philbrady
I have noticed a similar phenomenon with my TV remote (Pioneer plasma); occasionally when I turn the TV off, it turns on my Primare pre-amp. Generally, I have noticed that most of my remotes act strangely when the batteries get weak. I cannot tell whether there is a cause and effect relationship here, or mere coincidence. And what has made diagnosing this difficult is that it is a random, non-repeatable event. You could try fresh batteries to see if it alleviates the problem.

Bob R.
Bob, thanks for responding. This happens when the tv is turned on by pushing the power button. The tv remote isn't used. Also the preamp doesn't power up at all but the volume comes through full blast. Phil Brady.
Oops, my bad. I should have read your post more closely.

Good luck; hope you can figure it out.
I think your TV is probably creating some kind of a surge when you power it up, possibly causing some circuit in the preamp to go nuts.
Is the preamp off, meaning no power to any of its circuits/components, or is it in stand-by?
You can try this, if you want - unplug the preamp from the wall, wait 5-10 minutes and turn your TV on.
I think if some kind of a circuit in the preamp is faulty, for whatever reason, anything that is hooked up on the same circuit that is capable of some power draw at turn on is going to create the same problem your tv is creating.

Call NewForce and ask explain them the problem and see what they say.

Anyway, good luck and keep us posted.