fuses - the $39 ones or the 85 cent ones

My Rogue Cronus recently blew a slow blow fuse. I was surfing to find a replacement. The stock fuse is a typical metal end cap, glass and "wire" fuse. The audio emporiums only seemed to offer these $39 German gold plated end wunderkinds. I finally found "normal" fuses from a guitar amp site. Has anyone tried the uber fuses and found the sound better? Hard to understand how it could be. Thanks for any thoughts.
joe_in_seattle
Pubul57 has it pretty much down to basics.
For any 2-way test, the basic chances of a choice being right is 50:50. There is some more match to it, like levels of significance, but that is the basic idea.
Magfan, obviously you heard differences yourself with ICs and Cables because you wanted to. At least by your logic.

Cheers
Re my disconcerting experience with the last fuse (and they, or mine at least, cost $27, not $39), a couple of points.

* I tried it in both directions. No difference. Yeah, Geoff, I have bad ears.

* All the other HiFi Tuning fuses I used worked for me --i.e., they improved the sound. This one didn't. So it's not just whether or not you hear good things by upgrading fuses. Apparently some components may benefit, some may not.

* In many cases (in my system) the change is subtle verging on REAL subtle. And it takes time to really lock in on the change. But after a week or so you can put the original fuse back and THEN it's not so subtle. In this case I chose not to wait because the HiFi Tuning fuse made the CDP sound actively worse.

* Could I "hear" a fuse via a DBT? Probably not. Does that mean anything? No.
Dopogue
That is very good... I did the same, I did not find I liked better or worse at first the new fuse, but it was DEFINITELY different to some extent... Could not place it, however yes 2 weeks later I said guess what, lets get silly, I will play a couple things in the system and see how I feel about them, Sounded great with the new fuses, and I felt they were fine and not negative effects, and then simply put back in the Cheap fuses, and BAM they collapsed and were not bad on their own, but worse than the new fuses all of a sudden...

And this is not some kinda, "Its what I wanted to hear to justify the fuses" or some "Ozmosis of the brain tricking me" it was simple, things were like taking a button on a surround receiver and putting it between a more dynamic and full "Rock mode" setting and hitting the remote button back and forth to the "Jazz Mode" or something actually changing the depth and balance of the sound, and some of the background noise and distortion character was changed... Maybe that sounds like too dramatic of a change, but it was occuring between fuses at this point, unless my A/C from the outlet was changing that drastically from the comed street supply that quickly..

Lets just get the manufactures to stop wasting money on the processor modes and extra remote control buttons and put in a Fuse button to get the same effect with a relay to instantaneously switch back and forth for people to prove it :-)
Undertow, you are the man!:)
I would sign a petition to manufacturers of teh Worldz to force them to use better: thicker power cords with larger 3-prong plugs preferably red color.
And yes while we collecting signatures ,could we also ask teh manufacturers to use thicker braided wires in different colors inside their electronics? They try to scrimp on everything , those bastards. Would it killed them to include a bag of Hi-Fi fuses with each CD-player?