fuses - the $39 ones or the 85 cent ones

My Rogue Cronus recently blew a slow blow fuse. I was surfing to find a replacement. The stock fuse is a typical metal end cap, glass and "wire" fuse. The audio emporiums only seemed to offer these $39 German gold plated end wunderkinds. I finally found "normal" fuses from a guitar amp site. Has anyone tried the uber fuses and found the sound better? Hard to understand how it could be. Thanks for any thoughts.
joe_in_seattle
08-21-08: Pubul57 Of course, I have no idea of fuses making a difference in sound is or isn't grounded in sound engineering.

Anything that can affect the power supply can potentially affect the sound. The power supply is what delivers the B+ biases in the amp. If you have noise/ripple on the B+ it will affect your sound. No grey areas here.

Regards
Paul
Is the $$$ fuese argument then that the cheap ones cause noise/ripple problems to the B+ bias? Is that the technical argument for the "work" the "better" fuses are doing?

"How many were fooled into thinking it sounded better?" Good question. More than you might think, I think.
Mine is with real world audio components Geoff. Almost 50 years now.

To compare my knowledge with a clock and rock salesman is really disingenuous.

If the readership had to choose between the two of us for advice, I believe it would be a easy and quick decision.
Yes, There ARE real reasons for most cables to sound....different. Measureables such as capacitance and resistance are associated with either HF rolloff or loss of bass control...IE, reduced damping factor.
I use all Beldon / fabricated by Bluejeans Cable. They feature good prices, build quality and prompt delivery.
Just for example, when I read the 'science' behind some of the AudioQuest product, I want to laugh.
Thanks, Audiofeil for issuing the Good Captain a minor correction.
Now, if someone could come up with a plausible, even pseudo-scientific reason for a fuse to sound 'better', I'd be willing to listen and research.