fuses - the $39 ones or the 85 cent ones

My Rogue Cronus recently blew a slow blow fuse. I was surfing to find a replacement. The stock fuse is a typical metal end cap, glass and "wire" fuse. The audio emporiums only seemed to offer these $39 German gold plated end wunderkinds. I finally found "normal" fuses from a guitar amp site. Has anyone tried the uber fuses and found the sound better? Hard to understand how it could be. Thanks for any thoughts.
joe_in_seattle
I suppose the next step will be radioactive fuses.
as your amp disappears in a small mushroom cloud!
I suppose the next step will be radioactive fuses.

Excellent idea. Buy an old broken radio and install the radioactive fuse.

BINGO, the radio becomes active again and picks up everything.
Dr.Know

The size of the fuse depends on your risk tolerance. I have had erratic sleep patterns over this stuff. Friday though was a great day especially if you had doubled down the day before. Saturday I will install the last magnet in my tube preamp..six will be the final number. Tom
I can't use Magnetic Fuses 'cause of the Steel Plate in my head. I hear a whistling sound.
Theaudiotweak..."Tube" preamp you say. Perhaps you should be concerned about the effect of a magnet on the electron beams in your tubes.

At work, when testing a vidicon to calibrate it we found that the results varied depending on which way the device was pointed. (A vidicon is a vacuum tube imaging device, once used for TV). Turns out that the earth's magnetic field was deflecting the electron beam. Of course we all know what a speaker magnet does to a CRT. However, the good news is that, unlike transistors, tubes are not damaged by radiation.