Golden ear Technology reference

Has anybody heard or does anybody own the Golden Ear Technology Reference speaker that retails for $8500.00
per pair?  Would like to hear your insights and opinions.
Thank you.
128x128kjl1065
kjl1065,

I heard them at a dealer showroom.  With the standard dealer la-la music they played fine. 
Unfortunately I brought some hi rez music that I am familiar with on a usb flash drive and the dumb dealer could not get it to play longer than 15-30 seconds at a time using there store computer and $$$ streaming system...

But, from what I could tell the speakers sounded ok, not in class A as the mags seem to want to place them in. They do advertise heavily in those magazines...

ozzy
@kjl1065  These things are so very personal and uniquely individual that I'm coming to the conclusion that our feedback is essentially meaningless when generalized (as with the case of your open ended question). I'm not saying that our feedback isn't correct or doesn't apply or isn't valid...it's more about how would you or could you know???

This goes without saying and of course is as obvious as obvious is....listen to them!  All that matters is what you think and how they make you feel and relate to your music.

I demoed them at a dealer in a poorly setup room and with okay gear. They are good speakers, but did not move or impress me (and I factored out the room, setup, and gear used). I'm with @ozzy  in his assessment. 

Having said that, you may Love them! Others do. All the best!
I’ve heard them paired with Marantz top level amplifiers, I think they were the PM10, and the sounded extremely dynamic but a tad too sterile to my ears.  Incredible bass response and top to bottom balance but not as engaging for me. They may and probably will sound very different with different amplifiers. 
@kalali  Agreed.  I suggest tube amplification as an essential pairing and to audition with the same.