Goldenear Triton One R vs. PSB T3. vs. Spendor D7...

Which pair of speakers will have the most transparency, sound-stage  and depth? All are about $6500 to $7500. Which one in your opinion is the biggest bang for the buck?
128x128zeal
BTW, the D9s are $11,500 and the Profiles are $7k.  Maybe you’re thinking of the JA Perspectives?
My understanding is that T3s are brutal to setup.  I believe there are three ports and depending on your room, you have to seal some of them while simultaneously considering placement.  It leads to an infinite number of combinations making it a pain to get just right.  When dialed in, they are brilliant and work well with mainstream gear but are tough to dial in.  I heard them driven by Ayre 5 series gear.  

I like Spendor D7s as a neutral and detailed speaker.  The long demo I had was unfortunately with Naim gear and they sounded really laid back.  I have heard them briefly with Bryston and they were engaging.  Suppose to be pretty easy to get placement right.  

I have only heard the Golden Ears at the NY Audio Show.  They sounded good at high volumes but my exposure was brief and I just left a room featuring MBLs so that is a tough comparison.  They were good.

My bias is toward the Spendors assuming you have a neutral to slightly forward amplification or you like a slightly warm sound. 

They are bigger in size but take a look at the Endeavor E3 from Von Schweikert. If I recall, they are in the same price range.  I remember looking at a pair at Sounds by singer and they were nice and $8300 is sticking in my head though that may have been the demo price he had.

I would add the new Kerr Acoustic K320 MK3's to this list too...some say these are one of the best money can buy. 

Could they be one of the best kept secrets ?...
Now this""" To stereo5Didn't your crystal ball tell you I already have a mommy to give me advise? Didn't your crystal ball tell you that maybe I heard the GE's and the PSB's a few years ago and I still wanted more up to date opinions on the improvement that have been made in the last year? Didn't your crystal ball tell you that I have been on "lock down" for 4 months and most stereo stores are closed to to a modern day plague? Do you read palms too?
 Report this
zeal OP161 posts06-21-2020 1:10pmStereo 5   I've been a bad boy, please don't spank me.

IS funny!!!
Viablex
I'm glad you have a sense of humor. You should have seen the other things I wrote but somebody's mommy had them deleted.