good preamp for dynaco mk3 monoblocks with maggies

Im new to HI-FI world and would appreaciate any advise. I need a good preamp while my Dynaco MK3's are being upgraded with new VTA boards and capacitors etc By Roy Mottram at tubes4hifi.com

I have Magnepan SMGa's which i will be Gunning soon(bought the wood already:)) and I have Event20/20 studio monitors.
my room is not big about 12X14 and I dont listen to my music too loud..i like classical, vocal, instrumental.

I need a good preamp for around 1000$... I will be listening to digital source cds or from dac.

im looking at Audio research sp11 mk2 for sale for 1000$
parasound halo p3 for about 500$

what im using as a preamp now is a little dot mk2 headphone amp that has pre outs..i know its not the best but like i said im new to this..i love magnepan sound and i like tube sound..

remote is preffered but not critical..i would rather have better sound....
HELP

HELP
zvovchik
I'd suggest you think about the Promethius Signature TVC that is for sale now. This is a superb passive- if you don't need gain. I don't think you can come close to this level of transparency for anything close to the price. Also, being a passive, it is just dead quiet. No relationship with the seller.
I used one of these in a Magnepan based system with good results, and although it is sitting on my living room floor unused right now (having been replaced with a $5.5 K Coincident), I'm holding it until I'm sure I won't have use for it in a second system.
You could always find a used Dynaco PAS-3 and pay to have someone refurbish it.

With some simple mods that preamp is a giant killer...
I use a McIntosh C-28 and am pleased with it. It's in your proce range and can usually find them here.