Gradient Woofer for ESL 57

Has anyone ever tried the Gradient woofer (SW-57) designed specifically for the ESL 57? I am using the one they designed for the ESL 63 with good results but I wonder if anyone tried the one that was designed for the 57. Also, if you're reading this post and have one for sale, I would be interested in it.

Thanks.
ggavetti
Sorry I do not mean to hi jack your thread but Quads are so fine and Duke is darn good at what he does.

I wonder how Duke's Planetarium bass system (where he uses several subs to avoid room nodes) at Audio Kinesis would be with Quads

http://www.audiokinesis.com/

'By using multiple subs spread asymmetrically around the room, each sub will produce a unique peak-and-dip pattern at the listening position. The combined average of these unique peak-and-dip patterns is much smoother than any one of them would be, resulting in more natural-sounding bass with excellent pitch definition.'

Just a thought. I know the Gradients were designed with the Quads in mind.
Yes, I've heard about the planetarium...but I have a pretty small room, and I don't think it will help me.

Regarding your initial point (quads are so fine) I certainly agree with you. This is an amazing speaker if matched to the right amplifier. That said, I like it much better with the Gradient SW-63. If you listen to a lot of Jazz as I do, and like to hear the bass among other instruments, there is no comparison. The SW-63 are pretty tight, fast, and go down to at least 30Hz. The reason of my post is that I consider the combination ESL-57 + Gradient SW-63 to be superior than the Quad only...so I wondered whether the SW-57 is an even better match. Additionally, the SW-57 is smaller and looks nicer given that it was designed to fit perfectly the ESL 57.
i have quad 57s. i am reluctant to try cone subs. i would much prefer a panel sub, such as the bass panel of magnepan's latest effort.