Has anyone heard the Burwen Bobcat system

Claimed by a well respected recording engineer to make CD's sound as good as Lp's/Sacd. Is this another reality check ???
ecka
Yes, I have at the NY Highend show last year. Levinson gave a 20 minute demonstration using his Red Rose speakers and electronics. Unfortunately, I walked away scratching my head as to what all the fuss was about. Actually, I thought Levinson was losing his hearing. What I heard sounded flat and uninvolving - sounded like I was listening to an iPod. His claim that this bettered SACD and LP was far from what I was hearing. Sorry, but I'll pass.
Also, when Levinson was asked to play some before and afer comparisons to justify to all of us that what he was SAYING could be proven, he refused to comply. Some lame assed excuse about this not being a test, but rather a demonstration.

More like a "believe me because I'm me" sales pitch in my opinion.

Bob
Levinson lost all crediblity (with me) when he was on he TODAY show with his now ex (Kim Katrall) selling their sex book....OMG...Thankfully, Matt L did NOT ask for a demonstation!
I heard it at the '05 HE Show in NYC. Ditto what Dracule1 said, although I did find the sound smooth and listenable. Reading between the lines of what he was telling everyone, I suspect that this gadget is not much more than a sophisticated filter or EQ that is software based. I dislike the secretive nature of the presentation. If it is so unique, get the patent application filed and then you can explain how it works, I say.
If all the rumours and stories are true that Mark Levinson's greatest strengths are

a) self promotion and
b) deception

How did he have a few great products in the good old days?

Because John Curl designed them?

He just put his name on them and hawked them?