Has biwire speaker cabling become "old" ?

I notice some makers are not stocking biwire termination. Has biwire gone out of favor ? Was it sonically meaningless ?
Have speaker makers dropped it ? Do us owners of biwire built speakers need to resort to jumpers or aftermarket biwire cables now ?
garn509
Whether or not biwire has any value is debated. Some believe it only has value if two pairs of cables are used, and that internal biwire cables are useless. I did read an interview long ago with a very well known speaker designer who said it was easier to design his speakers for biwire than to explain why it was useless to do so...
Audiophiles are a fickle bunch, things become popular, then lose popularity, then cycle back around again. I've biwried, and not biwired, they both work.

The biwire does sound good, but for me, at this point in time, I'm having more success running a higher quality (re: more expensive) single wire run with a quality jumper. I wish I could afford to biwire with the cables I have, but sadly, I can't.
I had a conversation with John Dunlavy a few years ago on this very topic. His position was that the only way a second set of cables would be of any value is if they had the exact electrical characteristics as the first. Since this is hard if not impossible to achieve, it would be much better to spend the extra money on better first run cables. Even then he was very skeptical about high price exotic cables that made claims that could not be empirically measured.
I don't get your post. You're using biwire speaker cables in your own system. What's your opinion on the matter? Do you hear any differences?
I"m with Z on this one. Every designer is different. My Proacs all sounded better bi wired, but ONLY when using the same wire for all the runs. My new Vandersteen's have to be bi wired. He's designed them that way and he'll even tell you that you are better off running less expensive cable to bi wire than get an expensive single cable for one connection.

This is one of those times that it makes sense to find a dealer you trust and who knows your system do you can listen to the difference in their store or they can loan you cables for you to try.