Have you ever deceived your wife-audio purchase

This could lead to a hysterical thread. How many audiophiles have come home with an expensive amp/preamp/and told their wife they bought it for practically nothing? Only to have paid 3-4K they had in their private stash? How many audiophiles have secretly installed a new "toy" in their audio system thinking their wife wouldn't notice. My old girlfriend thought anything beyond a boombox was excessive. Whenever I would upgrade my system,I would come up with some far fetched tale(lie) Would love to hear your story.......
krelldog
chalkme, that's priceless, LOL.

I'm thinking of upgrading my amp and pre. We recently had our second child and let's just say sex has not been a concern for some time. Now I'm thinking I may be able to withhold it in order to convince her about the upgrade...
Mghcanuck,

You must be THE MAN!!!

I weigh 275lbs, she said that if I could get down to 220 and save my money, then I can get a new amp. Needless to say I'm starving myself right now.
I purchased a Yamaha ceiling mount projector, Stewart Firehawk Screen and built a custom, dual purpose acoustic enclosure for said screen. Tore up the ceiling to run power, component and dvi cabling. She did not ask why or how much after I said it would be nice to have family movie nite, once a week....Tom
Fellow Audiogoners, I am shocked and dismayed to read of your various attempts to stretch the truth. For what? A mere addictive passion for art? I admit that I too was once propelled to such measures. How did I overcome the temptation? The answer is simple and within easy reach. Overinsure! That's right. Take out enough life insurance to assure your spouse and children a life of ease in the event of your unfortunate demise. That simple action does wonders to bring out the sensitivity and honesty in all of us ;-) Enjoy the music! To apply, dial 1-800-Too-Much.
New power cords and interconnects go rather unnoticed!
I have auditioned so many components, my wife figures I'll probably send it back. After 36 years, she pretty much has accepted my addiction! When I upgraded my LP 12 and ML preamp years ago, they looked identical to their ancestors, no problem! I am a little more open about my purchases now.
Cartriges went unnoticed also! Honesty pays. Your wife could hide some pretty expensive jewelry!