Hegel Amps with Thiels

Hi,

Has anyone listened to this combination?

I am home auditioning a Hegel H20 with Thiel CS5's, which dip down to one ohm, and am pleasantly surprised.

The H20 is rated at 200 watts into 8 ohms but does not double down into 4 ohms.

To my ears, the bass is just as good as a ML 533 or a Pass x350, which I recently auditioned. The H20 is also quite smooth with a lot of detail. Warmer than the ML but cooler than the Pass.

I think that Hegel may be on to something with their patented and laser trimmed SoundEngine modules design, which I am not sure I fully understand.

Dsper

dsper
I heard Hegel (not sure what model) paired with CS 3.7s at RMAF a number of years back and really loved the room.  I've since sold my Thiels, but am still convinced the two can create a great match.
I agreed with unsound as the choice of amp for Thiel cs 5i . I have been pairing it with many amps in the past until i went back to read the original review of cs5 from stereophile . the amp used at the time was krell 250. I never regret to  follow their choice. I was happy for many many years!!!!
Well for what it is worth, I am deciding that the Hegel H20 amp just does not cut it for me with the Thiel CS5's.

The bass is great and there is a lot of detail, however, I am not hearing quite the separation of instruments in the mix that I want. Also, there is an occasional edgy treble note that was not present with the Pass X350. 

Still ranking the Pass first even though I think that it is a bit polite. It provided a lot of detail, nuance, and texture.

Still have not tried a Krell. So so far, I am at Krell?, Pass, or maybe McCormack and am not sure about any of this.

Agreed,

natural timbre and separation of instruments(air and decay) are imperative!
Keep searching. Keep me posted.

Happy Listening!