How many LP's

Gents;

I'm thinking of taking a jump to a turntable.......& such

I had 700 albums that I " dumped" when cd's arrived.........
Old BIC turntable 
A big "Stupid" move

Good Analog is " the best", to me

Anyway, 

How many albums do you guys have in the " library "?
How many are 45's vs 33's

My thought; as a starter 
REGA P3 

jeff
frozentundra
And;

I forgot to ask 

&) How few albums can you " live with" as you slowly add to " library"

&) How many LP's a year do you typically buy?

Jeff
Like you I gave away hundreds of LPs twenty years ago. While cleaning out my dad’s TV repair shop a few years ago, I came across a hundred or so LPs that I had left behind when I first married (1982) and decided to take the plunge again.

I am up to roughly 350/ 400 albums now. I buy at least 2 or 3 a week and this includes both new music and reissues. I still have a considerable number of CDs (10,000 plus). Price determines whether I buy a CD or LP of something new.

I would go with something different than the Rega 3. My starting point would be the Pro-ject Classic 25th Anniversary. You will want to fiddle with cartridges and turntables. This one will keep you satisfied for awhile.

http://www.needledoctor.com/Pro-Ject-Classic-Turntable_2?sc=2&category=352

Rich

Hey Jeff,

I got out of vinyl for a while in the late 1990's when I moved from one house to the next. Sold the TT and stored about 300 albums. Last year I re-entered the analog world when I received a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC Esprit SB as a Christmas gift. I started buying a few new albums then, mostly new audiophile approved records, such as MoFi, etc.

Lately I've discovered a couple of new record stores in my city and I've been buying mostly used LPs. One of my record stores puts out their new used stock every Tuesday and Friday mornings and I try to go on those mornings to see what's new at bargain prices. I've been picking up about 5-10 used LPs a week in this manner. It's really fun and I don't mind spending $1.99-$5.99 for good LPs. And I've been very impressed with the quality of records, as well as the diverse selection.

I guess I've got about 400 LP's now. I have some old hand-me-down 7" singles and I've bought some fantastic 12" singles. I don't play any of the old 7" 45s as they are mostly beat up and they are a PITA with the 45 adapter and all.

Enjoy your re-entry into the analog world.......

frozentundra,

3000 LPs. Bought (3) so far this year. Probably 100 in rotation at any given time. Yes; a couple thousand that don't or probably won't get played ever again.

Been a vinyl guy since 1971.
A friend and I at that time went to a shop every week that sold records (3) for $10. When CD came out and people were dumping their vinyl; I bought a Linn LP 12 and held firm.
Seattle was loaded with used Japanese, Toshiba Pro  Audiophile vinyl as was Juneau, AK. I cleaned them up for cheap.

I jumped on the 45 rpm wagon since they first started coming out. My upgrade to Lingo power supply was already in place.

May not ever play hundreds / thousands ever again, but would not sell. When people come over; Just the look on their face is worth it. When they hear the system; they are priceless. A lot of great memories.

PS,  Only own 83 CDs ; (4) are test or burn-in CDs.