I sure miss my Quad ‘57s!

I owned Quad ‘57s and joyfully listened to them for 10 years! Still questioning my decision to pass them on to another music lover. But I do sadly remember the multiple times I blew up amps because of them and the sickening feelings of the many times I arched them before I had them rebuilt.
I did eventually opt for more bass and treble but have missed their incredible mids now for decades.
Guess there are some new rebuilders who have been able to get more bass and treble? But I now have evolved the feeling that good enough is good enough. And man, were they good enough!
mglik
Hard to live without ESL's when you've owned them. And yes very unfriendly to amps that had a go at driving them properly. Naim amps would blow as soon as they saw them, they just had to be in the same room, not even wired up!!!😉

Cheers George  
I built a poor mans HQD back in the day, have a pair of the 63 when that itch needs a scratch and a 303 amp ( along w others )

fun

@mglik, if you decide to try the ESL again, give Kent at Electrostatic Solutions in Kansas City a call. For an amp, the Music Reference RM-10 was designed using the ESL as it's load, and is perfect for it.