Interconnect cable recommendations for Node 2i and DAC

I just purchased a Node 2i and I am really enjoying it. I plan on adding a DAC later this year. I am currently using a pair of Kimber Hero with WBT RCA's going into my Classe Preamp. I am also using Hero XLR between my Classe CA151 and and Pre. The Hero's going to the Node 2i are a little short for where I want to place it, so if I am going to get a different pair maybe now is the time to think about something different. If I had to say anything about the system right now its a touch bright, but that could be the Nodes DAC. Any suggestions in the $250 -$300 range on interconnects? I have a Kimber D60 digital cable that I can use when I get the DAC but I want a nice interconnect that could work now with the Node or the DAC when I get it.

128x128jmphotography
You might want to think about Qobuz instead of Tidal, better SQ and no worries about MQA decoding, also same price now, too.
I would say dont worry about MQA decoding on your DAC purchase. If you find a DAC you like that has it, great, but I wouldn't make it a necessity. I have a Node 2i and a Benchmark DAC 2 HGC. Prior to the Benchmark I really thought MQA was impressive coming direct from the Node. After adding the Benchmark though, everything sounds good. I use Tidal and Qobuz with everything from CD quality, hi-res and MQA tracks. They all sound fantastic. I now wonder if the MQA tracks have a volume boost (or some other trickery) when played direct through the Node to make them seem more impressive.
i would echo the prior response saying something is amiss if the internal dac of the node 2i sounds bright in your system

among dacs, the node's internal dac is dull and overly smoothed over

tidal hifi or masters in high res, also not bright in and of itself

if what you hear is bright now, wait till you get a properly good dac... better put earplugs in...
When I purchased my Node2i, the dealer talked me into adding a ProJect S2 DAC.  They convinced me the added DAC produced greater detail.  When I hooked things up at home and did a test with and without the DAC, I found by adding the DAC the bass sounded too thin.  I stream TIDAL and for some reason I can hear a difference when playing MQA when most in this group don't.  Connecting an external DAC to the Node 2I is supposed to break up the MQA signal and by doing so you give up MQA.  I somehow sense when playing MQA the sound stage sounds better.  I did like the way the ProJect DAC displayed the level of resolution so I could tell when I was playing higher resolution.  It seems like I have a lot to learn.
First, do a free month trial of Qobuz and then drop Tidal and the ridiculously limiting MQA BS (that’s what I did).  And l agree with others to put $ toward a DAC first then mess with interconnects — I’d recommend a Topping E30 that should be a nice sonic upgrade for only $130. Then for interconnects either Black Cat Coppertone (same designer as your D60 BTW) or Audio Envy would be great options to try at your price point. Just curious, what speakers/cables are you using?