Is age bad for solid state amps?

Hi everybody,
I am interested in get an Audio Research 100.2 amplifier.
As I know, the production of these amps was from 1998 to 2003.
I wonder if transistors, capacitors and other electronic parts have some deterioration with age.
Thanks.
cinequadom
Thanks Jaybo,
I apreciate your reply.
Most answers I received said that age deteriorates capacitors, even transistors and other parts.
Now I am thinking that maybe is not a very good idea to get a 100.2 amp at this time.
Best regards
Thanks, I apreciate your reply.
I already have an ARC D200, predecessor of the 100.2 (same output MET transistors, dimensions, wattage, etc) purchased with an ARC SP9 MkIII preamp in 1994.
I thought that both are now as when were new. Not a trace of hum or unbalanced channels, distortion, etc.
It is possible that I have not noticed a decrease in quality of my amps over the years.
I can replace capacitors, but if transistors are with some deterioration, that’s other thing and maybe is better not to buy a relatively old solid state amp.
Best regards
Thanks to every one.
I have a pair of ML CLS IIz stats driven as I wrote, by an ARC D200 amplifier.
I like the tube-sound of my solid state amp, but I heard so many positive comments of the 100.2 that I think it will have the same sound character of mine, but quite better in every aspect.
Then I heard something about deterioration of capacitors and transistors with age.
For my budget, a used 100.2 or a Sanders ESL amp (specially designed for stats), are the two options in my mind.
The Sanders (not the Inner Sound), is more recent but as I know this amp doesn’t have tube-like sound. So my thoughts were more on the 100.2
The problem is that I live in Mexico and would be a blind purchase in Audiogon.
So seeing your answers, maybe a more recent ESL Amp will be a better choice. I don’t know.
Also George Sanders said that tubes are not very good for electrostats, because they have bigger impedance than the speakers.
Buy the way, I cannot afford the exception: the Wolcott amp.
Thanks again and best regards