Is D for Dry? Class D...

Class D sounds dry and lifeless... thats all, carry on
128x128b_limo
Unless the amp has built-in DSP like many Pro Audio amps do, Class D amps aren't really digital. The power supply is sometimes referred to as digital as it comes from computer high speed switching power supply technology.
(correction to earlier post as it is no longer editable)

should say 100, 200+ pound amps.... I've corrected it here:

I've owned in the past a large number of major name-brand top Class AB solid state amps and have heard and love many others as well as many great tube amps and Class A solid state. All the AB that I owned were big, expensive, heavy, wonderful sounding and I was one of those hardcore solid-state amp guys that swore I would never have digital amps of any kind.

Well they've come a long way and my speakers are highly powered internally for mid-bass, bass and sub-bass by some great next generation Class D amps.

Furthermore, I've owned a Legacy i.V4 ULTRA amp since May of 2020 and am still shocked at how damned good it is and how those 100+, 200+ pound (weight) amps costing many tens of thousands of dollars are no longer in my system as I'm really impressed by the power, dynamics, finesse, musicality and all other aspects of this next generation digital amp.

Very impressive amp regardless of what type of amplification it is.
Zephyr
My Legacy IV-2 for my mains, and IV-5 for my surrounds was the best choice I have made in the last decade. I just ordered two Foundation subs to finish out my project. I’m replacing two 18 inch PSA’s and wondering if the ice amps in them has improved also? I did not order the Ultra’s. What exactly is the deal with them?
@nitrobob   Congratulations on what sounds like a great system! I had Caliber XDs stacked on 2 Foundation subs driven by Wavelet before I went up to Valor and the results were both earth-shattering and musically fantastic.  The subs require good break-in to sound their best, 250+ hours and they are even tighter, more impactful, graceful and musical then straight OOTB.

As I understand it, the i.V2 may be at Ultra build level by its design (check with Legacy).

For the other Ultra models, instead of using one 1200AS2 stereo board as I understand it to drive 2 channels (so 2 boards in a 4ch, 3 in a 6ch and 4 in an 8ch), the Ultra doubles down and uses an entire 1200AS2 board to drive a single channel. The results are noticeable for 2, 3 and 4 ch listening, dynamics, etc.   I'm a customer and have learned as I proceeded up the line so please check with Legacy for all details.
Zephyr
Thanks, I was thinking it was a hopped up version. I believe your right on the IV-2, as my dealer said one of the benefits of going IV-2 and IV-5 instead of sending my V-5 back in to be upgraded to a V-7 would be the extra 400 watts to my Focus’s. (600 up to 1000 each). Jealous of your Valors.   LOL ..
BTW I don't know what your using in the back but the Phantom HD's was quite a surprise.. I strongly suggest them. 
And thanks for the heads up on the break in ..