Is D for Dry? Class D...

Class D sounds dry and lifeless... thats all, carry on
128x128b_limo
Is there anything between the mid three figures and the low four figures that A) offers high wattage, and B) sounds good?
Class D sounds dry and lifeless... thats all, carry on
The one I'm playing sounds neutral, smooth and relaxed, very transparent without any dryness at all.

Class D amps vary in sound in much the same way that tube amps do (SET vs push-pull vs OTL and so on...). To assume they all sound the same is really ridiculous. But to be clear, some (especially older designs) do sound dry; it was years before I could take class D seriously.
@atmasphere +1 on that,....well said!

@nitrobob  Thanks,....I used to have a very large, complex, costly and (I thought) great-sounding/viewing 7.1 HT and 2-ch hybrid system up until late 2008-2009.  I missed 2-ch music whenever I was immersed in a movie and also was tired of chasing the ever-evolving standards in multi-channel audio and home theater decoding standards, pre-processing, post-processing, video standards and all they bring along, etc...so I've stuck to 2-channel fully since 2009.  I did love the sport of home theater so to speak however my listening and system building has given me much more happiness ever since choosing only 1 addiction to chase :-) 
class d amplification is a just technology

how it is designed and voiced determines how it sounds

just like a class ab amp can sound sharp with flat soundstage... well sometimes, even often the case... but not always
zephyr24069

You are soo, right. It never ends. But I’m hooked. Movies are my wife’s deal, but the video concerts, as long as there in 5.1 Dolby or better and recorded in the early 2000’s (or newer), are better than being there. Seriously.... I have yet to have anyone over to watch one of these things that don’t look at you after that first song in utter disbelief. I've had a few over that had absolutely no intentions of listening to anymore than just a sample, only to be glued to there listening position for the entire rest of the concert...
THAT...makes it all worthwhile..
That’s why I can say I USE these amplifiers. They don’t sit there for their looks, or at an idle,,,