Is D for Dry? Class D...

Class D sounds dry and lifeless... thats all, carry on
128x128b_limo
zephyr24069

You are soo, right. It never ends. But I’m hooked. Movies are my wife’s deal, but the video concerts, as long as there in 5.1 Dolby or better and recorded in the early 2000’s (or newer), are better than being there. Seriously.... I have yet to have anyone over to watch one of these things that don’t look at you after that first song in utter disbelief. I've had a few over that had absolutely no intentions of listening to anymore than just a sample, only to be glued to there listening position for the entire rest of the concert...
THAT...makes it all worthwhile..
That’s why I can say I USE these amplifiers. They don’t sit there for their looks, or at an idle,,,
class d amplification is a just technology

how it is designed and voiced determines how it sounds

just like a class ab amp can sound sharp with flat soundstage... well sometimes, even often the case... but not always

Great post!
@chronicle.. I have the S-500, a single chassis stereo amp. The other amps are a mono block and a mono block with a tube input stage. I have heard the mono blocks with the tube input stage, and they did sound warmer and smoother, but the system context was completely different. You might be able to get a home trial of this amp. Mike Kalellis designed and builds them. He is very talented, and a heck of a nice guy. Call and speak with him.
@chronicle... Sorry, my preamp is a Mcintosh C220 tube hybrid.  Note that the mains are crossed over to a pair of subwoofers, first order, beginning at 80Hz, so the amp sees attenuated levels in the bottom two octaves. Lots of headroom.