Is it worth upgrading my current turntable setup?

Hello all here is my current system

Pioneer PLX-1000 turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black cartridge

Tokyo Sound PE 100SE phono stage

Aric Audio Unlimited tube preamp

Odyssey Audio Khartago SE amplifier

Divine Acoustics Proxima 3 speakers

Do you think the turntable is holding back the rest of the system? Thanks for any advice! 

128x128blue_collar_audio_guy

No, the Pioneer PLX 1000 sounds as good and capable as any TT under $2000! I have one with a Denon 103R mc cartridge. Read Herb Reichert's review in Stereophile (gramophone dreams #4). If you seek a different sonic "flavor" then buy a new cartridge: Hana SL mc ($750) or a Soundmith Carmen mi ($799). Also changing the mat will result in a new sonic "flavor" for not much money! You may want to try a record weight - I use an Audio Technica.

@jasonbourne52 Also has a valid point to take on board.

I myself over the years have acquired a selection of Platter Mats and Puck Weights.

There is as stated a opportunity to change the presentation incrementally using these ancillaries. I refer to it as a different seasoning and Jason is referring to a Sonic 'flavour'.

This experience can be taken further, with a trial of different Sub Plinth Materials and Footers in a Assembly to produce a TT Support Structure.   

I sold my all my records, turntable, cartridge, and phono preamp. Got around $2000.00.  I stream Tidal from a ROKU Ultra device and then record some important songs from Tidal to reel to reel tape when I want to hear an analog type of sound without any pops and ticks. I record on tape.... albums like "Dark Side Of The Moon"   Many vinyl albums today are made from digital sources anyway.  Album prices have just gotten crazy. No more dirty records to clean or try to figure out what kind of turntable gear to match up.....and still be disappointed in the vinyl sound sometimes. I had about 10 records that sounded perfect out of hundreds.

Thing to do is borrow a better turntable rig, put it in your system and listen.

You will soon know whether you want to be upgrading.

@fdranger610     Your drive to digital is out of order for @blue_collar_audio_guy.

He says he 'loves' vinyl.

See if you can audition a Rega 3. It will sound different to the Pioneer and you might or might not prefer it. But it is a good yardstick in terms of assessing whether you want to explore belt drive turntables.