Is There An "Absolute" Best Cartridge?

Dear friends: We can read through different threads/posts in this forum that people always want/ask to know for the " best " " audio item " that IMHO and till today does not exist in " absolute " meaning.
Well I already have and I'm " living " a unique experience that makes me to share with all of you what IMHO could be in Absolute terms " the best cartridge ever ".

Please read this Technics EPC-P100C-MK4 information that could help you for you can share with us your experiences/thoughts on the subject of this thread:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?eanlg&1200430667&openflup&1827&4#1827

Thank you in advance.
Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Ag insider logo xs@2xrauliruegas
Dear friends: That could be fine. We can have two meetings: one in May and one in October here in México.

Raul.
Dear Downunder: +++++ " I have the "magical" Technics EPC-P100C-MK4 & Ortofon A90.

Raul can bring his vdh aligned Technics EPC-P100C-MK4

Dertonarm - you can bring a miyabe and your secret cartridge.

Lewm can bring his Ortofon M20FL super as the overachieving low cost cart.

Syntax, what are you going to bring? " +++++++

we are talking on two different analog source alternatives ( MC and MM/MI ) and IMHO in a shootout we need that both alternatives be " linked " with what each one needs, especially the MM/MI phono stage. It is desirable that the shootout could be fair or as close it can for both alternatives.

regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Raul, I can ( could...) provide a full differential balanced passive split RIAA phono stage with 100k AND 47k inputs for the MM/MI. Furthermore it has several transformers for all source impedances for LOMC and MOMC.
So we would have another constant in teh phono stage.
All inputs are RCA (pure solid silver) AND silver Neutrik XLRs - free choice.
It is tube based, but I too can provide either a Zanden, LAMM LP2 (highly mopdified), Boulder or Klyne.
So we would have "real world market"-alternatives too.

BTW - I was in Mexico City twice in 1994 when setting up my turntable there for a client.
Dear Dertonarm: It depends of what we all really want it: a serious cartridge shootout or a shootout just for fun.

Just for fun any of the commercial units you name it can be use.

I take the Pedrillo good idea of the shootout to more than a " simple " shootout make something where all of us can " learn " on the why's of the contest results, trade offs and how we can take advantage on those learning exercise and due that we meet in a serious way then could be a good opportunity to begin/build that International AHE Audiophile Association and leave that meeting with something real where all of us can participate and be actors in the near future and not only spectators on how the AHEE must grow up.
Well only my thoughts, unfortunately I can't be there in May but like I say we can have a meeting/tour again by October that you already posted will be at 2-3 hours from Mexico city.

In principle other that the " tour " I would like that all of us can have the opportunity to be in " touch " with three MM/MI cartridges: the Technics one, the Azden YM-P50VL and the AKG P-100 LE and in the other side the Olympos, A-90 and other two top LOMC cartridges that any one of you can suggest.
With this in mind and especially with the MM/MI's my target/priority is that these cartridge can be " serve " in even overall conditions as the LOMC ones.

Anyway, here IMHO is not the place to discuss and to achieve the whole factors/needs/touring and the like of the meeting.

Like you there I'm focus here.

This kind of meetings can be make by the desire of the " community " my email ( as yours ) is open for any kind of suggestion about and for the people can say/decide: I will be there, count with me for May or October.

Raul.
Dear friends: Thinking in " high voice " maybe some of you could take the October meeting here in México like family holidays/vacation where I can organize activities for the family ( wife and soons/childs. ) while we are on the Audio meeting and obviously we can organize activities for the group / whole family.
There are a lot of things to know and food to eat/drink.

Just " open " thoughts.

regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.