Journey ending speakers

Listening to to my  stereo last night thinking about what upgrade I may do in the future. May upgrade my CD player or change phono cart or a new arm? But one of the things I will never change is my speakers. My journey has ended with the speakers I have now. Are you like me and have your forever speakers? Oh mine are a set of 30 year old 4 way JBL  Studio Monitors 4345s.
ricpan
Pretty simple.  The world is on a retro. kick as things happening worldwide now are such a downer.  I would suggest we should all be careful letting that pervade the pursuit of audio excellence. If you crave that retro. sound, then have at it and enjoy.  I prefer the here and now and the advantages that advanced research and development have gifted to the audiophile's pursuit of the sound of live music in our listening rooms.
I put a nice retro rig right next  to my main up to date system. I guess I was on a nostalgia kick thinking back to my earlier days of the hobby. After about a year and a half I became very aware of all the short comings that system possessed. It truly validated all the upgrading I had done all these years and have no regrets.

+1 hifiman5
Cheers,
Tim
After years of hearing different speakers, I took the recommendation of a friend and test drove a pair of the Ohm Walsh Micro talls.  I was so impressed by these that I upgraded to a pair of the 1000's which I am absolutely thrilled with.  If I have the chance, I will upgrade to a pair of their 5000's.  Great soundstage, amazing presence and totally enjoyable to listen to for hours on end.  I will be keeping these speakers forever unless I hear something I think is better.
Hifiman put it best.  Mr Green, you are a manufacturer posting on Audiogon and should have that in your signature or point that out in your post.  Just using your name doesn't work.  Yes, in your mind, your older designs work nicely and that's awesome. I would love to listen to my system vs yours.  Nearly any manufacturer from years past has upgraded many, if not all their components to better ones that technology offers us today in order to give better sound.  I too love some of my older gear, but I would never say that they sound as good as comparable gear of today (what today's price would be. hope I said that correctly).  

I actually worked with ProAc directly when I needed new drivers, because their foam surrounds all failed after 15 years.  They didn't make those drivers anymore, so they gave me their newer ones that didn't have the foam surrounds.  They rebuilt my crossovers to match the drivers with top of the line components and that included better internal wiring also.  When I got them back and burned them in, the sound was worlds better in every way.  I was just floored.  I kept them for another 8 years or so. Until I heard the Vandersteen 's and their carbon technology.  So much smoother, more extended, more detailed, just better in every way compared to older Vandersteen designs that I wasn't in love with. The only thing that changed over the years was the state of the art technology that Richard uses.  Even speakers that I would never own, sound better today with the new tech they use.  Many like living in the past and that's cool for many.  Just agreeing to disagree, but the point is that you are still trying to sell your gear.

Yes, you should be proud of your business and think it's the best.  I have to ask, when was the last time you played with new, high end capacitors or resistors or diodes or....  When was the last time you tried a carbon fiber tweet and midrange in your speakers?   When was the last time you tried.....  If you have done all of these things like Vandersteen, Magico, B&W and others have done over the years to evolve, then that's great, but I doubt that you have.  I do respect your ears as they are yours, but many of us disagree.