Klipsch love them or hate them.

My best friend drives me crazy.Every time we get into a discussion about audio,he tells me how great klipsch speakers are.I think they are the worst speakers.What do you think!
taters
Post removed 
Taters....I agree with you.Back in the day when there was less competition they could hold their own.Certainly not the case today,but I will buy their components at swap meets and such because there are still followers and it's an easy sell
From my own experience what the Klipschorn Loudspeaker needs is a bigger mid range cone and larger flare say a 3" cone?. That would alleviate the mid range shrill/harshness (for want of better words) and allow the mid octaves to sound unstrained and uncongested on certain types of music. The tweeter could be Improved upon also.  On the plus side they a very a revealing Loudspeaker and can sound delightful on certain recordings. Massed choral works are a let down to my ears. The pluses outweigh the minuses for me in stock form. As I own two horn speakers that sound better than the stock Klipschorn,  do I spend money and modify/Improve them or just leave them for what they are and enjoy them for what they do well? 
I owned and modded a pair of Heresy's. It took a lot of doing to get them close to right. But played late at night, through tubes, at low volume and the sound was really engaging. And, although folks often discuss how loud they go with a few watts, I found them unbearable past 80 to 85 dbs. 
Post removed