Krell KCT vs other top preamps ?

Has anybody experience and an opinion to share re the Krell KCT as compared to other top preamps (e.g. Spectral DCM-20II, Cello Suite, Mark Levinson 380S etc.) ? Does it sound better than the older Krell KRCs ?
rogerwalk
Krell gear is very good. I used to own it.Then I heard Mark Levinson and that was it ..... it has a more natural sound much more layering and a wider and deeper sound stage with liquid mids. good luck try it out for your self. REMEMBER LEVINSON DRAWS YOU INTO THE PERFORMANCE AND KRELL SPITS IT IN YOUR FACE.. NOW YOU DECIDE. GOOD LUCK
Roger, Please listen to the BAT VK50se. You'll be doing yourself a BIG favor. All the best, Tom
Thanks everybody for your suggestions. I found some confirmation for my own experience of 20some years of Audio fun and some good new ideas, e.g. re the BAT VK50se. I never was fully comfortable with tube gear because of its changes with time and often lack of punch, but this may be different. Would the BAT fit between a Forsell/Audio Synthesis CD/DAC combo and a Krell KSA 300S?
Hello Roger:

I find my VK50SE fits very well between the BAT VKD5 CD player and my Levinson 33H's. I would recommend you find a loaner somewhere and try the 50SE before you decide on anything else. Most definitely worth your consideration, and a demo!

Paul
I believe it is all on your perception and hearing. I have owned Levinson and Krell, Aragon (amps) and numerous other "hi-end" makes. My current personal sonic taste runs to perceived accuracy...whats on the record or CD. I have auditioned electronics that was absolutely beautiful sonically and made everything sound 3-D and like a live performance. The problem for me is that I know that is not on every disk and they cannot all sound the same. My opinion is that properly matched and set up, Krell electronics are neutral and will reveal what you are playing. That is not everyones cup of tea.