Legacy Audio AERIS: RMAF/listening impressions?

I made a trip to Legacy this past week to hear this speaker in a non-show environment which would also afford more time to listen and hear music that I took with me. I don't see alot in the way of RMAF postings here as yet and would like to hear people's impressions of this speaker as I thought it an amazing speaker with huge potential. I've started a section on my system thread for anyone that wants to add material or please put your thoughts and impressions here. Thanks!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xzephyr24069
It does indeed They are not in Singapore, should have them in 2 weeks I guess. Need to pass it through customs which here its always a bitch.
I'll be hearing the Aeris is my system within 3-4 weeks as my build order is now in the queue; I'll let you all know once they arrive and are up and running. This will be one hell of a jump in the system based upon what I've heard to date and am very exciting about this upcoming change!
I got my Whisper, I done a A/B with the DSP and with out it and honestly I preferred the Tweeter and Midrange with out it. The Sound Stable was larger and more true to the source. Tried it with Silver Cables and Copper. Copper works best with these speakers.
Legacy speakers I've owned over many models have always sounded best to me with lots of high grade copper so I definitely agree with what you have concluded. I am glad to hear your Whisper arrived....how do you like them overall? I got word my Aeris are being crated up this week so I am definitely looking forward later this month to receiving them an starting break-in...I'll keep you posted on the results.
I've been listening to a ton of speakers lately as I'm selling off everything and moving up. It's going to take awhile as I have a few full systems to sell before I can go forward. I've heard all the famous names as well as a ton of the newer companies. I had never heard the Legacy line, but found there was a local dealer here in CT. I hear the last versions of the Heil air mover and it was way too hot for my ears. Part of it was the amplification, but I heard the Aeris with all Classe stuff and was pretty impressed. It did most things right. I have three sets of Proacs , but have been most impressed recently by Vandy Treo's on up. The 7's are the best I've ever heard and that includes the 100,000 plus exotics I've heard. I like the Vandy 5CT better, but they are 8k more. Not sure that matters in this range, but they are substantially more. I like the Quattro CT better also as they are more musical and coherent. I think part of it was that I heard the Vandy's with both CJ, AR and Ayre electronics. I'd love to hear the Legacy's with the Ayreor AR electronics.