Legacy Audio AERIS: RMAF/listening impressions?

I made a trip to Legacy this past week to hear this speaker in a non-show environment which would also afford more time to listen and hear music that I took with me. I don't see alot in the way of RMAF postings here as yet and would like to hear people's impressions of this speaker as I thought it an amazing speaker with huge potential. I've started a section on my system thread for anyone that wants to add material or please put your thoughts and impressions here. Thanks!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xzephyr24069
Follw up. I spoke with John at Audio Connection yesterday and when I got off the phone, I had ordered the Music Hall 25.3 DAC and a high end balanced cable that costs much much more than the DAC itself since it will make THAT much difference. I've now spent around 4k since my last and only visit to the local shops. I trust John implicitly and I was a 'free agent' who would have spent that 4k plus locally if they had just asked some questions and followed up. I spent an afternoon in Florence MA at Spirit too (I've gotten many items here over the years and sent lot's of friends there for systems too), but the guy never made me feel totally comfortable. I think too many dealers treat people like they are tire kickers, when in fact many of us aren't. Stop judging the book by it's cover as I am disabled and I never dress up and don't always shave. If they watch me park the car, it's a BMW 5 series. I really can afford to purchase mid level high end equipment if I chose to. I now know why so many shops are having a hard time keeping the doors open. One good vender told me that it's too late for him to do anything else, so he just keeps the shop open and hopes to make a living. He was the dealer who told me I HAD to get an integrated that had HDMI or I wouldn't be able to use it in my 2.0 system without lip sync issues. I didn't want to purchase the NAD 3900 all in one digital integrated/DAC. I didn't love how it sounded and he only let me hear it with Paradigm Sig 2's. Funny as he had Focal's and that's what they let me hear the NAD stuff with at Spearit Audio and it sounded much better. They also had the NAD Dac, which I really liked and I realized that it had the HDMI option. I just didn't like the Focal's, lol.

That's when I expanded my search to include Audio Connection. I had originally told everyone that my budget was 3k or so on speakers and about 3k for a DAC and integrated. John stayed in those parameters, however I asked to hear Vandy's as he was so excited about them. All of a sudden my budget went from 6k to me selling off all my audio gear to get the 6k Vandy Treo's, the Ayre AX-7, The Music Hall DAC and top of the line Audioquest cables. Funny how that worked out. I don't mean to drone on, but I really like this site and all of you posters. How many of you have gone down this same road in the past (or currently)? When I find a dealer I trust and respect I will do everything to steer business their way. I've always been THAT guy and this is no different. I get nothing in return, but have learned that when someone is bad the word gets out quickly, but when folks do things the right way, most folks forget to share.

I'm sharing, lol. If you are looking for anything, you may want to hit up John as he has a ton of pre owned stuff too. I'm even letting him sell all my gear as I think folks would rather buy via credit card and from a real brick and mortar dealer where they have recourse if they don't like it. Hope others feel similarly. I've taken this thread all over the place, sorry, lol.
Zephyr thanks for sending us updated pics they look great in your audio room Enjoy !
Ctsooner....i hear what you are saying and am one of those guys too when it comes to manufacturers that give the best customer service as well as build/sound quality in addition to quality audio dealers and loyalty to same. I've been to a few dealers in various cities and states that despite what one drives in, looks like, can really spend, etc...(or even sounds like if the initial contact is via phone) seem to treat their customers like we are not worth their time and if we don't go bonkers over their latest darling system or manufacturer choices, that we are simply kicking tires otherwise. I say stay strong and keep looking for the good guys wherever they may be, then support them without question from that point onward!

Cobraman: Great to hear from you; hope you are enjoying the Aeris as well; let me know how you like them now that they must have a good amount of hours on them!
Ctsooner.. I have had the same experience over the years . I hate when someone is judging me on how I look or what I am driving hell I am in the Propane Gas Industry sometimes I cant get ride of the Propane smell lol... I live about one hour north of Hartford CT.. A few weeks ago I was in Hartford and I Stopped by The Stereo shop on Farmington Ave Having never been there before was not sure what to expect ended up having a great experience there I was told to make myself at home and try out anything I would like to.. Ended up talking with the salesman for a few hours by the time I was ready to leave I felt right at home if I was in the market for some McIntosh gear I would buy it there ...never been to Audio Connection but also sounds like a great place..