Less fatiquing

My Bryston 3B and Bryston preamp .5 are beautiful pieces but also very bright. I am just getting into this hobby and dont have alot of money but thought someone could make a suggestion to make my system warmer and less shrill at higher volumes. I have tara lab prism interconnects and PSB Image 5T speakers. Oh and I am using a Rotel RX965 Limited cd player or the Denon 2500 DVD as a player. Thanks in advance...bt
btexpressdog
Years ago, I went through the smae thing with Krell's amps. If you are not planning to cross the line into the tube camp, Jeff Rowland & H2O are amps that you may wish to consider auditioning, in aadressing your complaint with the Bryston.

Realize though that this is only one link in your chain and system synergy is what is all about. Try to work with a dealer that you are comfortable with and if possible, demo the amps in your room with your other gear.
You may want to sell the Bryston gear and look for a Rowland or Classe integrated amp, or even a tube integrated.

If you want to keep the Bryston, try some Cardas Cross or Golden Cross cabling.
Just last night, my audio buddy and I were comparing a Bryston 4BST and a Classe CA200 in his system which is comprised of Revel F30 speakers and a Wadia 850 in direct drive. After going back and forth, we felt the Classe was more refined, had better macrodynamics, more involving midrange, less bright, and a richer tone that appealed to us both. The Bryston definately had more treble energy and had great definition but ultimately was just too thin and two-dimensional. The Classe are very fine amplifiers and I second that choice. You could also try McIntosh which is my personal favorite. Both brands have many examples that cover all budgets. Good luck! Arthur
More to discover