Levinson 33H vs Boulder 1060/2060??

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a new amp and was thinking about the Levinson 33H. I don't have any experience with Boulder, but heard some good things about it.

Anyone listened to both of them and what are your findings? What are the differences between both amps and which of the two do you recommend and why?

Thanks for your input

Max
maxx1973
Levinson's lifespan is comming to an end. Boulder 1060/2060 needs very good speaker like Maxx2, S.F. Stradivari. Since I don't know what speaker you have, I would say Pass Labs x600.5 or x1000.5 will drive any speaker with ease and gives you pure class A ''taste''.
If I had enough space , I would go for X600.5 for my Sophia 2.(I had ML 331&431 and have also Boulder preamplifier and know the sound of Boulder)
Having the chance to listen to the top amps of Boulder, Edge, ML, FM Acoustics, DartZeel, Gryphon at a friends show room (he is authorized dealer for all of these brands) the Boulder and FM Acoustics are by far the most exciting amps that I have ever had the pleaseure to listen to. The ML´s you´ve mentionned are no where close to either Boulder nor FM Acoustics.
I bet you if you ask a hundred different people which amp is best, you will probably get a hundred different answers. Just look at the answers to the thread on the best speaker you ever heard. Therefore, there is no best. Just personal taste and synergy. At such exalted levels, those amps mentioned above are all great amps. At this level, you MUST listen for yourself.
Hi MAXX1973, I listened many hours at a dealer to both the ML 33H/32 and the Boulder 1010/1050 on S-F Stradivari's through Accuphase DP100/DC101 wired by N-O Valhalla's. To me the Levinson was more satisfying than Boulder. IMHO I though there was more naturalness in ML, more clinical for Boulder. And I threw all sorts of Classical/Pop/Rock/Jazz & test CD/SACDs at it before I made my choice. Just MHO.
Henry
....and, yes, as Geshi mentioned: you have to listen yourself and make your own opinion!