Living room system: class A or AB amps?

Would class A be suitable for a living room system? Apart from hi-fi listening sessions, it's also used a lot for watching TV.

Would it make more sense to get good class AB amplifiers, which can be switched on permanently without drawing huge amounts of power? I wouldn't want to warm-up an amp first before getting good sound.

For this system, I have so far only purchased the speakers: Focal Stella Utopia Evo. Room is big: 1,200 square feet with openings to hallways.

I'd consider to pair them with Gryphon Mephisto and Pandora. But that's class A...

Opinions and amp suggestions are welcome!

robert1976
Class A is suitable unless its a more formal living room in which case go with Class`e. Dining room systems are of course Class D and bathrooms don't rate a class but most people take the Schiit. Some say the point is sound not topology but these people have no class.
@millercarbon
With your depth of experience and knowledge I was hoping for something more substantial. A class-y response that would actually help me :)

I wish I could ignore the practicality factor, but it’s a living room.

For class AB I'm thinking two Luxman M-900u's in mono.
You will still get good sound from a cold class A design, it will just sound even better once warmed.  That's true, to a lesser extent, with class A/B amps.  Some amp manufacturers tout how their amps run class A up to certain wattage before switching to class A/B operation.  One of those amps could be a good compromise for your situation.