Looking for not too expensive Turntable

I want a vintage turntable for a second system with a tube amplifier. I read the Pioneer PL-12 is good sounding without any jitter due to being belt drive. I can actually hear jitter. I owned a direct drive TT and it had jitter. My Garrard 401 did not have any jitter either. Suggestions? Pioneer PL-12 good?

fisher_400
To me a new Music Hall MMF 2.2 or a Pro-ject Debut III from Music Direct, Audio Advisor etc. makes more sense. You’d have to step up $50 (both are $299), but you’d have a brand new table with the benefit of 40 years TT building experience. You obviously like vintage, and I get that sentiment (both styling/nostalgia or in the case of tubes, audio superiority). I sold mainstream audio in the 70- 80s in retail, and then some more esoteric stuff out of my house in the 90s. Ive sold and owned,(who hasn’t!), the PL12 or one of its variants. I doubt it offers the same degree of isolation between the cartridge and motor/ environment that the two newer tables would, (or track as well). In addition, that $50 gets you a new cartridge, belt, flawless dustcover, etc. You might get a new belt for the vintage Pioneer only to find out the four decades old motor is having issues. The new ones of course do have a warranty and typically a trial period, (tables may be tricky, so I’d check if you are concerned). Better yet,  I’d run these prices by any local brick and mortar stores that carry these tables, I know my local Pro-ject dealer is very competitive with online sources. 
Post removed 
Don’t now about jitter. May be you are hearing pitch variations due to the flexibility of the belt - wow and flutter. DD is better technology. Pioneer DD is actually very good in the late 70’s.
Denon DP80 can "beat" SP10 Mk2 by a small margin.  Can be found for $600 to $900.  (I owned them both, both in custom slate plinths, ran them side by side in my system. End of editorial.)

What you may have heard from your un-named DD turntable may have been motor cogging, but it was definitely not "jitter".  Jitter has a very specific definition related to digital audio technology.  No need to muddy the water by misusing terms.  Since you don't name the offending DD turntable, it is difficult to comment, but your experience with one particular sample does not prove that you would not enjoy some other refurbished vintage Japanese DD turntable, like either the SP10Mk2 or the Denon DP80 or any of several lesser models; other than the Technics brand, they are all relative bargains in today's market.  By this I mean that the cost is a fraction of what you have to pay for similar performance from a new belt-drive.  And then there's also the Lenco L75, for the biggest possible bang for the buck. Straight out of the box, the Lenco is excellent, but to get the most out of it, the Lenco is for a person who likes to tinker.
I'm very happy with an Audio Technica LP AT5 I bought. Changed the factory cartridge for an Orfoton Blue and substituted the included rubber mat for an acrylic one. Also hooked it up with my higher end interconnects. 

It sounds really good for a $450 - $500 TT